Modern slavery is a grievous transgression against fundamental human rights and constitutes a criminal offense. This term encompasses slavery, servitude, coerced and forced labor, and human trafficking. This entails the deprivation of one person’s freedom by another to exploit that person for personal or commercial gain.
We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive, fair, and exploitation-free world – one that stands firmly against all manifestations of slavery and human trafficking.
This policy against modern slavery and human trafficking underlines our unwavering commitment, both within our organization and throughout our supply chains and every individual or organization we interact with.
We acknowledge that we have a responsibility as a leader within the autism community to uphold the highest ethical standards. Per the World Health Organization and other leading institutions, autistic individuals and their families are part of a vulnerable group, and it is our duty and responsibility to ensure the community is not exploited in any shape or form.
However, we realize that our commitment transcends autism-focused issues, compelling us to actively participate in the worldwide endeavor to eliminate these abhorrent activities.
We also acknowledge the importance of the United Nations Protocol to Prevent, Suppress, and Punish Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children, and support its founding principles.
We are committed to:
- Awareness and Training: We are committed to raising awareness and understanding of modern slavery among our staff, contributors, and stakeholders. We train our employees regularly to recognize signs of exploitation and human trafficking.a
- Supply Chain Scrutiny: We aim to carefully scrutinize our supply chains to ensure they are free from any form of modern slavery. Our partners, suppliers, and contributors must adhere to our values and comply with anti-slavery laws and regulations.
- Recruitment and Employment: Our organization strictly prohibits using forced, child, or bonded labor. Our recruitment processes are designed to uphold all individuals' dignity, rights, and agency.
- Whistleblower Protection: We encourage a culture of transparency and accountability. Any employee, contributor, or stakeholder who suspects or witnesses any form of modern slavery is encouraged to report it without fear of retaliation.
Reporting and Compliance:
- Transparency: We are committed to transparency in our efforts to combat modern slavery. We will annually review and publish a statement on our website detailing our stance to prevent slavery and human trafficking within our organization and supply chains.
- Legal Compliance: We adhere to all applicable laws and regulations related to modern slavery and human trafficking, including the UK Modern Slavery Act and similar legislation in other jurisdictions.
We want to make it very clear that modern slavery has no place in our society, and we are committed to doing our part to eliminate it.
By implementing this Anti-Slavery Policy, we uphold our values of respect, dignity, and compassion for all individuals. We aim to create a safe and inclusive environment for individuals with autism and their families, and we extend that commitment to fostering a world free from exploitation and slavery.