Lancaster, Lancashire, UK – North Lancashire Directions Group (NLDG) is a group based in Lancaster that is run by parent carers of children and young people who have additional needs. They run the group for the benefit of other parent carers who are in a similar situation. They provide information to the local community about support groups and local charities that are beneficial to these families, many of whom have children on the autism spectrum.
On March 7 they will be hosting their annual Family Fun and Information Day, held at Salt Ayre Sport Centre, Lancaster from 11am – 3pm.
There will be information stalls, seminars, activities and fun for families with children who have additional needs in the North Lancashire area.
R Leisure Hire Ltd are supporting the event by providing inflatable bouncy castles for children and young people, inflatable jousting and soft play equipment for toddlers and younger children.
What’s on offer
- Facepainting for children and adults!
- Trampolining taster sessions from Preston City Trampoline Club
- Sensory zone
- Swimming in the small pool 11-2
- Football and multiskills on the Astroturf from 1-1.45
- Arts and craft activities
- Meet the mini beasts from Williamson’s Park mini zoo
- Twisted Genius balloon modeller will be there from 12-3
- Pelican Sensory stall selling sensory products
- A Stitch Different Weighted Therapy products will be selling small items and taking orders on the day.
- Cake raffle
- Lots more activities, surprises and fun for the family.
- We will have stall holders from local support groups, local and national charities and support advisers, activities for the kids, face-painting, arts and crafts and much more.
- Confirmed Stall Holders
- Tuberous Sclerosis Association
- Contact A Family
- Making Space Mental Health Charity
- Help Direct
- Morecambe Road Play Scheme Mo-Ros’s
- Witherslack Group
- Lancaster Chidlren’s Centers AOK peer support group
- DWP Carers Allowance adviser
- Parent Partnership / IASS
There will also be a Q & A session given by the Witherslack Group around challenging behaviour and some suggestions on how to help your child or young person when they exhibit such behaviours.
Event organiser, Lucy Ellis told us:
“I organise this event along with professionals from Children’s Centres, Parent Partnership/IASS and other volunteers to enable families to see what is on offer for them across the local area and beyond. It also gives the children a chance to have fun and try new sports and activities in a safe, non-judgmental environment. I do it to see the children enjoying themselves but also because parents are able to meet others in same or similar circumstances. As a parent this is invaluable and helps to stop you feeling so isolated.”
Access to the event is FREE for all who wish to attend.
You can preregister for the event on the Family Fun and Information Day Eventbrite page by clicking here.
You do not need to take a printed ticket with you on the day. Simply give the names of all who are attending at the registration desk on arrival. You can also register on the day itself, in person.
There is no age limit for those who wish to attend. NLDG just ask that all children and young people under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
For further information or queries you can email the organiser at [email protected] or phone 078783818153 from 10-2.